In accordance with the guidelines provided by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, and for the safety of our students, staff, and faculty the following measures will be taken to prevent the spread of Covid-19 and ensure a safe and fun learning environment:
- Students, staff, and teachers will be required to wear face masks at all times—except when eating and during physical education sessions which will be held outdoors.
- Students and staff will be screened during check-in and during the day for COVID related symptoms. Students who are identified with symptoms consistent with Covid-19 will be sent home and instructed to consult with a medical provider for further evaluation and/or possible Covid-19 testing prior to their return to camp.
- Students will be spaced a minimum of 3 feet apart, with teachers maintaining at least 6 feet of distancing.
- Group sizes will be capped at a maximum of 15 students and two teachers, who will remain together for classes and activities throughout the week.
- Groups will spend a majority of their time in their own designated space. If movement to a new space is necessary to safely facilitate an activity, all common areas will be sanitized between individuals and groups.
- Intergroup interaction will be minimized by utilizing separate meal locations, play times and play areas, thus ensuring a minimum amount of contact between individuals outside the group.
- Groups will be required to frequently wash their hands throughout the day, and prior to beginning any new activity.
A signed Assumption of Risk and Liability Waiver will be required to attend Taguhi Summer Day Camp. This form will be provided on the first day of each week and can be viewed at this link.